How to move data to the new iPhone?
Android → iOS
How to move data from Android to iPhone with Move to iOS
- Set up the iPhone until you reach the screen titled "Apps & Data".
- Select "Move Data from Android" option.
- Switch to your Android device, open the Google Play Store and search for Move to iOS.
- Proceed to install the app
- Open the app after it's installed.
- Tap Continue on both devices.
- Select Agree and then Next on the Android phone or tablet.
- Enter the 12-digit code displayed on the iPhone in the Android device.
After entering the code, the Android device will connect with your iPhone or iPad over a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi connection and determine what data will be transferred.
Select everything you want to move over.
- Google Account information (for a quick login on iPhone)
Note. It does not save passwords!
- Chrome bookmarks
- Text messages
- Photos and videos from camera roll
The two devices will disconnect, and Android will prompt you to take your old device to the Apple Store, where they'll recycle it for free.
Tap on Continue Setting Up iPhone and carry on setting up a new Apple ID or logging into your existing one.
Log into the accounts you transferred from your old Android device. Then you're good to go!
iOS → iOS
How to transfer data from an old iPhone to a new one using Quick Start
Quick Start occupies both devices, so make sure to choose a time when you won't need to use your current device for several minutes..
- Turn on your new device and put it next to your current device.
- A screen will appear on your new device prompting you to use your Apple ID to set-up this device. Press continue to do so! (If you don't see this screen, make sure Bluetooth is turned on.)
- An animation will show on your new device. Center your current device's viewfinder over this animation. If you can't use your device's camera, tap on Authenticate Manually and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Enter your current device's passcode to continue to Face ID or Touch ID setup.
When you see the Transfer Data screen, tap Continue to start the data transfer. Or alternatively, you can tap on Other Options to transfer your data from an iCloud backup or a computer.
How to use iCloud backups and restoring
- Open Settings on your old iPhone.
- Tap the Apple ID banner -> Tap iCloud -> Tap iCloud Backup -> Tap Back Up Now.
- Turn your old iPhone off once the backup is finished.
- Remove the SIM card from your old iPhone
Wait for the backup to complete before proceeding.
Make sure that your new iPhone is off when you start these next steps.
- Insert your old SIM card into the new iPhone.
- Turn on the new iPhone.
- Follow the directions to choose language and set up your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Restore from iCloud backup.
- Sign in to your iCloud account (AppleID).
- Tap Next -> Agree -> Agree again.
- Choose the backup you just made.
Transferring your iOS device's backup via macOS (macOS Catalina or later)
Connect your old iPhone to your Mac with either Type-C to Lightning cable or USB to Lightning cable. Open a new Finder window. In the sidebar find your old iDevice and click on it. In the window next to your device you'll see an option asking you to “Trust” this device.
Next step would be to choose the type of backup you would like to make. Select “Back up all the data on your iPhone to this Mac”.
Next, you can choose to encrypt the local backup (NB! If you choose to encrypt your backup, make sure to take note of this password. It cannot be reset if you forget it.)
Encrypted backups store more sensitive information like passwords and health data.
After you've made your choice - Click on Back Up Now.
When the backup process finishes, go ahead and disconnect your old iPhone and connect your new iPhone.
You can skip the setup on your device and go straight to restoring your just made backup to your newly purchased iPhone.
The only difference this time is that we will press “Restore Backup…”
After pressing “Restore Backup…”, a pop-up will appear asking you to choose a backup. Choose the one you would like to use. After pressing Restore, your Mac will begin restoring your backup to your new device.
After this process completes, you can go ahead and setup your Face ID or Touch ID, enter your Apple ID and so on.
Moving data with device backup with iTunes on Windows
If you haven't already - head over to https://www.apple.com/ie/itunes/ and download and install the latest version of iTunes for Windows.
After doing so, launch iTunes and connect your old iDevice to your computer via USB to Lightning cable.
After connecting your iDevice to your computer and opening iTunes, a pop-up will show asking you if you want your computer to access information on your iDevice. Pressing continue, will ask on your iDevice if you “Trust this computer”. Press Trust.
After doing the aforementioned steps you'll see an icon of your iDevice in the top part of iTunes, clicking on that will open the iDevice settings.
Next, let's choose to backup to “This computer”. Here you'll also get the chance to setup encrypted backups, which will include passwords, health data and other sensitive information. NB! Make sure to take note of the password you set, because it can't be reset if forgotten.
Next, press “Back up now” to start the backup process.
After the backup process is complete, under back up now, you'll see the time of the most recent backup.
Now let's connect our new iDevice to iTunes. The process will be the same as mentioned in the first steps, only this time we will select - Restore Backup.
Go ahead, and select Restore Backup.
After clicking on Restore Backup a pop-up will show asking you to choose a backup. Choose the most recent one and press Restore.
After the restore process is complete, go ahead and setup Face ID, Touch ID, login to your Apple ID and enjoy your new device!
If you still have any questions regarding data transfer or any other topic - feel free to contact us!