10 reasons to buy used iPhones?
Purchasing a used iPhone is an excellent way to save money. Considering current smartphone retail prices, buying a used one might save you up to 35 percent or even more.
Below are 10 reasons why we believe purchasing a used iPhone is the best option.
1. Smartphone is a depreciating asset. Although, purchasing a brand new smartphone has its perks, such as higher battery resource, it is not a financially sound decision. The first year of ownership of a new iPhone, just like with a new car, is when its value depreciates the most. Used devices depreciate at a slower rate, so if you have a limited budget, buying used allows you to replace them more frequently with only a minor additional cost.
2. iPhone longevity factor. Regardless* of the iPhone model, it will come with the most recent iOS software and functionality. Therefore, if you have an iPhone 8, it may still run the latest software as the iPhone 13. This means you don't have to purchase the latest iPhone to enjoy much of the latest enhancements and innovations from Apple or the latest apps from other developers.
* Currently, the latest version of iOS - iOS 15, is available starting with the iPhone 6S model, which was released in 2015. You will be able to use the latest iOS for a long time if you purchase an iPhone 8 or iPhone X series smartphones.
3. Consistency in the iconic design. Apple tends to wait before implementing a major change in the smartphone design with the release of a new generation. The similarities between the iPhone 11 and the iPhone X, and the similarities between the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 13 are obvious, as Apple takes the time to move to a newer overall design without losing the loyal iPhone users accustomed to the existing, iconic, and widely accepted design. The design is undoubtedly a huge part of the Apple brand. The design consistency is a key benefit for you because an older smartphone may not differ greatly from a newer model.
4. The latest generation of used smartphones are practically like new. Often the latest generations of used iPhones are used just for a few days or weeks. Currently, the latest iPhone 13 series devices very often (in reDevice warehouse 95% of iPhone 13 series smartphones) reach their new owners with 100% Battery Health and with no or minimal visual signs of use. So, the question is: are you willing to spend up to 450 EUR more for an unopened, original packaging, which, after unboxing, would collect dust in the drawer?
5. Purchase the exact model you want. Selection of Apple's smartphones is quite broad. But when newer generation smartphones come out, Apple retires older generations or particular color/memory capacity devices. In this regard, buying a used smartphone increases your chances of getting the exact model, color, and memory capacity that you want now or wanted when this smartphone was released.
6. Try something new without breaking the bank. If you've only used Android devices, then the transition to the iOS world may seem a little daunting at first. A better approach would be to get an older model that costs less to see if the iOS ecosystem is right for you. However, if you're not happy with iOS, it won't be as big a financial blow as if you bought a brand new iPhone smartphone.
7. Older iPhone models can compete with newer smartphones from other brands. If you buy a used iPhone 11 released in 2019, you still could get a smartphone with better photo and video capabilities than a 2021 smartphone model from another manufacturer.
8. Without contracts and SIM card restrictions. In order to be able to afford the latest brand new model, you might need to split the total price into multiple instalments which come with contractual responsibilities, such as monthly payments. The major disadvantage of this form of commitment is that you will almost always be required to pay a substantial upfront payment before even starting to make monthly payments, and your payment arrangement will often require you to use a SIM card from a specific network provider. Whilst with buying an older iPhone model - simply insert any SIM card and start using it.
9. Get features you care about cheaper. It is not necessary to buy the most recent smartphone to get quality features you need most. The iPhone 8 Plus, for example, is a great option if you want a smartphone with a good camera without paying too much. If you require a phone with a good wide-angle camera, the iPhone 11 will be a great and less expensive option. If you want a modern looking smartphone, which won't vary much from the latest models, the iPhone X could be the one for you.
10. It is less expensive in the long run. Cost undeniably is a decisive factor in a smartphone purchase. In a 10-year timespan, you could get two slightly used and one brand new iPhone for the price of two new iPhones. Why buy two new devices when you can try out three or even four different iPhones?
Buying used smartphones seems like a no-brainer to us, and we hope that the advantages outlined in this post will convince you to consider them as well. If you have any questions or need help deciding which iPhone model is ideal for your needs and budget, know that our customer care team is always there to assist you in making the best decision.